These RENNtech rear diffuser attachments create an all new aggressive and functional aesthetic for the rear of the C190 – AMG GT R. The design and engineering teams at RENNtech HQ spent countless hours fine tuning the part to perfectly compliment the AMG GT R exterior while improving the underbody airflow. Each side is constructed from 100% pre-preg carbon fiber that make up the diffuser improvements. The diffuser attachments are designed to achieve the best possible aerodynamic result in combination with the RENNtech Aero Package for the AMG GT R. The full package of aero parts for the AMG GT R includes Front Canards, Sider Rocker Panels, Diffuser Attachments and Rear Lip Attachment.
The diffuser assembly also features a unique acrylic coating process which protects the carbon fiber from any harmful UV and humidity degradation. This acrylic coating is applied inside and out to ensure full coverage and protection, unlike any other coating process. Once the acrylic coating is cured, the part is then covered using a high end automotive clear coat to create a beautiful gloss finish.
This diffuser is designed to fit the C190 – AMG GT and GT S Model year 2015 and up. Modifications to the OEM rear bumper are NOT necessary, installs with 3M double-sided automotive tape (included).
- What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed