RENNtech is proud to introduce this sporty yet elegant rear boot lid spoiler for the SL-Class. The rear spoiler integrates seamlessly into the rear of the SL and offers a dramatic, unique appearance to the rear exterior.
Their full carbon fibre spoiler is manufactured from extremely high quality, prepreg carbon fibre and available in both matte or gloss finish.
The spoiler will fit any SL-Class from 2001 to 2011
- What exactly is prepreg carbon fibre?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fibre manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fibre method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fibre weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process in short, the fibre is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mould to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed.
Due to some of the products coming direct from RENNtech USA please allow 7-10 days for delivery
Prices may vary in accordance to the current exchange rate, please contact us for the current confirmed price