Give your AMG GT R an aggressive makeover with the RENNtech Rear Wing Lip w/End Plates as part of their Clubsport Package. Their unique design not only looks menacing but also greatly improves airflow and rear end downforce. Fit and finish meets OEM Mercedes-Benz quality standards thanks to the parts 100% pre-preg carbon fiber construction.
The wing and end plates also features a unique acrylic coating process which protects the carbon fiber from any harmful UV and humidity degradation. This acrylic coating is applied inside and out to ensure full coverage and protection, unlike any other coating process. Once the acrylic coating is cured, the part is then covered using a high end automotive clear coat to create a beautiful gloss finish.
The full kit comes with all needed hardware. No drilling or modification of the OEM wing is necesearry. The wing lip attaches to the top of the OEM wing with double sided tape and mount to the RENNtech end plates. The RENNtech end plates fit seamlessly above the OEM end plates and are attached with double sided tape. The RENNtech end plates attach to the RENNtech wing lip with locating pins already mounted to the end plates.
Thie RENNtech Wing is designed to fit the C190 – AMG GT R.
- What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed