RENNtech set an objective to develop and create a state-of-the-art fully adjusting wing for the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. The result can be summed up in one simple phrase, functionality and quality without compromise.
RENNtech’s engineering and design teams spent countless hours perfecting the aerodynamic properties and aesthetic details of the entire wing assembly. In order to properly develop such a superior product; RENNtech utilized 3D white light scanning, the latest in CAD surfacing technology, and rapid prototyping via industry leading Stratasys Fortus SLA machines.
The adjustable wing is comprised of a boot lid lip spoiler that sits just aft of the factory retractable wing, which is now static. The lip spoiler features two highly integral stanchions which serve as both the connection to the upper wing element and the location of adjustable carbon fibre struts. Greatly improved downforce is provided predominantly by the centrepiece, wing element. The centre section of the wing gradually pulls rearward and sharply terminates to further increase functionality. The latest in aerodynamic developments inspired extractor elements which are unmistakably unique styling features integrated within the 100% carbon fibre end plates. These extractors reduce drag by pulling air flow from the top surface of the wing, out through the sides of the end plates.
The RENNtech wing features an OEM level of quality; in addition to perfect fitment to the SLS factory boot lid. This optimal level of quality and fitment accuracy is achievable through multi-piece pre-preg carbon fibre tooling. This high temperature pre-preg carbon fibre tooling yields exceptional results and superior surface quality. Furthermore, extremely tight tolerances are attainable within thousandths of an inch. Finishing of the carbon fibre parts comes in the form of a high gloss UV protectant coating. Matte finish is also available per special request and may require additional lead time.
The SLS Adjustable Carbon Fibre wing will fit all SLS AMG models except for vehicles fitted with the factory Black Series wing.
- What exactly is pre-preg carbon fibre?
- Pre-preg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fibre manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in durability, structural integrity, weight, part thickness, fitment, carbon layout, and overall surface quality.
- The pre-impregnated (pre-preg) production method creates stronger, structural laminates with controllable and predictable results. The pre-preg material is cut and hand laid into a mould to the proper thickness and cured in an autoclave at strictly controlled, high temperatures. Most of the industry utilizes a lower cost, wet-layup or infusion method which results in components of inferior strength, appearance, and overall quality.
- The parts are created within high temperature, epoxy production tooling. This type of tooling has optimal durability, longevity, and is a key element of developing high quality and functional aerodynamic pieces.
- Our pre-preg production process ensures our customers receive an exceptional product which not only looks good on the vehicle while standing still, but also won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after a few months or while driving at high speeds.
Due to some of the products coming direct from RENNtech USA please allow 7-10 days for delivery
Prices may vary in accordance to the current exchange rate, please contact us for the current confirmed price