Give your AMG GT R an aggressive makeover with these RENNtech front canards as part of their Clubsport Package. Their unique canards design not only looks menacing but also greatly improves airflow and front end downforce. Fit and finish meets OEM Mercedes-Benz quality standards thanks to the parts 100% pre-preg carbon fiber construction.
The canards kit also features a unique acrylic coating process which protects the carbon fiber from any harmful UV and humidity degradation. This acrylic coating is applied inside and out to ensure full coverage and protection, unlike any other coating process. Once the acrylic coating is cured, the part is then covered using a high end automotive clear coat to create a beautiful gloss finish.
The full kit consits of 4 dive planes. Two stacked pieces for each the driver and the passenger side. Canards are applied with double sided tape and can be removed without damage the paint or drilling into the bumper
Thie RENNtech Canards are designed to fit the C190 – AMG GT R.
- What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed