RENNtech proudly introduces this addition to an already impressive and highly successful aerodynamic upgrade program for the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.
These proprietary carbon fibre side skirts were designed to complement the RENNtech front splitter and rear diffuser. This side skirt kit includes 4 high quality pre-preg carbon fibre pieces; 2 rocker panel extensions and 2 rear fascia trim pieces. These exceptionally unique and refined aerodynamic pieces complete the RENNtech SLS aero package by integrating flawlessly with the original lines of the vehicle while boosting the overall testosterone level of the sporty SLS.
RENNtech’s side skirts feature an OEM level of quality; in addition to perfect fitment to the factory rocker panels and lower rear fascia. Furthermore, these components utilize factory mounting locations within the rocker panels and a few additional hard attachments are required underneath the rear fascia. Finishing of the carbon fibre parts comes in the form of a high gloss UV protectant coating. Matte finish is also available per special request and may require additional lead time.
These parts were designed and engineered in house by RENNtech and are fully functional components that feature unmistakably unique styling for the SLS AMG.
These carbon fibre side skirts fit all SLS AMG models except for the SLS Black Series.
- What exactly is pre-preg carbon fibre?
- Pre-preg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fibre manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in durability, structural integrity, weight, part thickness, fitment, carbon layout, and overall surface quality.
- The pre-impregnated (pre-preg) production method creates stronger, structural laminates with controllable and predictable results. The pre-preg material is cut and hand laid into a mould to the proper thickness and cured in an autoclave at strictly controlled, high temperatures. Most of the industry utilizes a lower cost, wet-layup or infusion method which results in components of inferior strength, appearance, and overall quality.
- The parts are created within high temperature, epoxy production tooling. This type of tooling has optimal durability, longevity, and is a key element of developing high quality and functional aerodynamic pieces.
- Our pre-preg production process ensures our customers receive an exceptional product which not only looks good on the vehicle while standing still, but also won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after a few months or while driving at high speeds.
Due to some of the products coming direct from RENNtech USA please allow 7-10 days for delivery
Prices may vary in accordance to the current exchange rate, please contact us for the current confirmed price
There are no reviews yet.